The NDGM Senior High School Program
The STEM Strand
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
The STEM strand is designed to prepare students with high interest in sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Students are led towards activities that will hone their knowledge and skills in analyzing data, understanding real-world problems, proposing innovation, and conducting research.
The STEM strand is designed to cultivate students’ curiosity, problem solving abilities, and analytical skills. With the STEM strand, graduates will:
- Develop their sense of creativity and ingenuity essential in designing and proposing new ideas and innovation.
- Develop high inclination towards experiment and spatial learning.
- Apply learning competencies to real-life and community scenarios.
The STEM strand introduces senior high school students to the disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) and to how it can contribute to improving quality of life. The STEM strand:
- Develop empathy towards safe environment by allowing students to experiment and to experience challenging tasks as part of the learning process
- Encourage collaboration so students can propose solutions to problems, gather and analyze data, write reports, and present a report with confidence.
- Emphasize the value and importance of technology in today’s digital age
Senior high school graduates of the STEM strand can enroll in the following undergraduate programs:
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Pure Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
- Teacher Education Major in Sciences
- Medical Sciences (Nursing, Medical Allied Programs)
- Mathematics (BS-Mathematics)
Senior high school graduates of the STEM strand can have successful careers as the following:
- Industrial Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Marine Engineer
The ABM Strand
Accounting, Business and Management
This strand is designed as an introductory course in accounting and business and management where students are trained to think logically and scientifically and are acquainted with the rudiments of accounting, business and management concepts and principles in order to prepare them to pursue college degrees that focus on business and industry where their contribution as future accountants, entrepreneurs, and business leaders are vital to the progress and development of the economy and critical to the promotion of a sustainable green business.
Designed to prepare students who are inclined to take college degrees related to business and management programs, taking ABM in senior high school will be about the basic principles of business such as marketing, finance and accounting, information and technology, and entrepreneurship.
The ABM strand is intended for students growing their interests in the areas of accountancy, business, and entrepreneurship. With the ABM strand, graduates will:
- Gain valuable skills in basic accounting, financial management, and commerce
- Accomplish projects and proposals related to business and entrepreneurship.
- Engage in business simulation and to the different types of business activities through work immersion.
The ABM strand equips senior high school students with the necessary skills and knowledge in accounting, business, and management and to develop their entrepreneurial mindset. The ABM strand:
- Develops confidence among senior high school students in communicating ideas and proposing projects and entrepreneurial ideas.
- Instills the value of integrity and honest business practice necessary in establishing responsible businesses and seeking solutions for any crisis encountered.
- Enhances analytical and logical skills needed to make sound business decisions and attention to details.
Senior high school graduates of the ABM strand can enroll in the following undergraduate programs:
- Management Accounting
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Human Resource Development Management
- Hospitality Management
Students enrolled in the ABM strand in senior high school can lead successful and highly competitive careers in the following professions:
- Advertising Professionals
- Marketing or Sales Representatives
- Account Managers
- Bank Tellers
- Corporate Managers
- Retail Managers
- Financial Advisers
The HUMSS Strand
Humanities and Social Sciences
The HUMSS strand in senior high school is designed to effectively prepare students who seek to pursue a college degree in liberal education. HUMSS courses cover a variety of subjects, looking at the world and its people from various points of view. The learning activities are directed towards the development of critical thinking.
HUMSS also focuses on developing your oral communication, media and information, and will hone your skills in reading and writing to a professional level. Because the HUMSS strand is intended for those who wish to explore careers in social sciences, this strand will involve a lot of research and presentation, making it a good preparation for their future careers as journalists, lawyers, teachers, politicians, writers, and psychologists.
The HUMSS strand is intended to develop the necessary skills and competencies of students towards social sciences. With the HUMSS strand, graduates will:
- Develop understanding on the psyche and behavior of people across different backgrounds.
- Develop confidence in articulating ideas and in expressing themselves through oral and written communication.
- Develop an advocacy towards community development.
The HUMSS strand shapes senior high school students with the necessary skills and knowledge to the diverse field of psychology, sociology, and communication and manifest good understanding of the various social issues of the community and the society. The HUMSS strand:
- Develop empathy and understanding of the diverse community and social issues.
- Exude confidence in expressing one’s through and ideas through the various projects and tasks of the different HUMSS subjects.
- Enhance creativity, critical thinking and communication.
Senior high school graduates of the HUMSS strand can enroll in the following undergraduate programs:
- Political Science
- International Studies
- Languages (English and Filipino)
- LIACOM / Liberal Arts
- Teacher Education – Early Childhood, Elementary, Special Education & Secondary (Values, English, Filipino)
- Library & Information Science
Students enrolled in the HUMSS strand in senior high school can lead successful and highly competitive careers in the following professions:
- College Professors