Promotion and Retention
- Promotion is not by curriculum but by subject. To be promoted, a student must obtain a final rating not less than 75% or its equivalent in each of the subjects offered.
- A student who fails two or more subjects must repeat the same year level.
- If a student who fails in two (2) or more subjects chooses to repeat the same year level, he/she will be placed on Academic Probation for one (1) school year.
- A student who fails only one subject may be allowed to take summer class in Notre Dame of Greater Manila or in a school recommended by the Principal. If he/she passes his/her summer course, he/she is admitted to the next higher level and will be placed on Academic Probation. If he/she fails his/her summer course, he/she is required to repeat the same year level.
- A student who obtains a failing grade in the overall conduct grade at the end of the school year will not be re-admitted.
- A student who is placed on academic probation for one (1) school year is considered a bonafide student after obtaining satisfactory performance in academics. Otherwise, he/she will be advised to transfer to another school.
- A student who fails the same year level twice will be required to transfer to another school.
Academic Intervention Programs
- Teach – Test; Re-teach – Re-test Intervention
The teacher gives the students immediate intervention after considering the recorded day-to-day or weekly results of assessment.
- One-on-One Intervention
This kind of intervention is applied to at least 10% of the class who obtain scores below the passing mark.
- Group Intervention
This is given to students if majority of the class obtains scores below the passing mark.
- BEHAVIORAL INTERVENTIONS
Counseling by the following:
a. Guidance Counselors
b. Student Formation Coordinator
c. Class Advisers e. School Chaplain
d. Subject Teachers f. HS Principal
- FOR UNCLAIMED CARDS during the third Quarter, letters will be sent to parents for them to view the Report Cards of their children for closer monitoring.
- Behavioral Counselling
1. Year Level Counselor
2. Student Formation Coordinator
3. School Chaplain
4. Academic Council Members
- Assigned Peer-Tutoring
- Home Monitoring / Tutoring
- Subject Area Chairperson Monitoring / Academic Counseling
- Review Classes
- Extended School – Saturdays of Week 3, 6, 9
- Pull-out System – Wednesday Extended Class
Monitoring of Students’ Behavioral and Academic
- Provision of Teachers’ Consultation Schedule for Parents
- Quarterly Parents’ Convocation
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM – Meeting with Advisers
Venue: Respective Advisory Classrooms
- Year Level Assessment of Students’ Behavioral and Academic Performance / Parents’ Conference with the HS Academic Council.
XI. SECTORAL POLICY, School Year 2014 – 2015
- NO ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE GIVEN ON FRIDAYS OR DURING THE LAST MEETING DAY FOR STUDENTS TO DEVOTE QUALITY TIME WITH THE FAMILY ON WEEKENDS.
- NO LONG TESTS WILL BE SCHEDULED ON MONDAYS.